Hello all! I’ve decided to join the challenge to go 30 Days with no Split Ends in my hair!
My hair has been relaxed for as long as I can remember, and I did just finish a several months long relaxer stretch that resulted in a pretty decent retention of length. I finally found a regimen I can settle into and it’s been leaving my hair super soft and shiny and very manageable. The only snag is the fact that I decided to lighten my ends recently (since relaxed hair cannot be bleached). My ends are always trying to dry completely out, especially in this Texas heat!
So, for the next 30 days, I will be making some minimal changes to my regimen:
- Baggie Deep Conditioning Method to keep ends moisturized
- Research more updos/protective styles! I love wearing my hair down, but I love my length more! Time to go back to the bun for a bit…
- Speaking of which, buy a bun mold. I need a little help with my buns, so this will give it some needed oomph for a little while.
- Keep letting my hair air dry. I stopped using my hair dryer because not only have I burned my hands, but my face as well and it dries my hair out and obviously causes heat damage. I just t-shirt dry for about an hour and then let it air dry the rest of the way.
- I need to stop straightening my ends so much, and start using my rollers more to keep them straight.
- I need to start trimming my split ends more! I started trimming them a couple of weeks ago, and never finished!
Thanks so much for reading, and those of you heading (back) to school this fall, good luck in your supply shopping and moving in endeavors in the next couple of weeks!!
EDIT: You can read more about the challenge here.