Yes, it’s true. I missed my wash day last week. So, I decided to really pamper my hair this Sunday and really try to make up for my neglect — I wasn’t moisturizing properly every night either. Just so you can get an idea, here’s a before and after shot of the bun I wore all week:
This week, I followed my pretty standard (by now) wash day routine:
- Prepooed with Organics Hair Mayonnaise for about half an hour and rinsed out. I got distracted and my hair ended up drying most of the way….
- Rewet my hair and cowashed with Lisa Rachel Conditioner and Cleanser with Olive Oil and Aloe. I massaged this into my scalp a bit (it tingles which I love!) and rinsed it out.
- I followed this up with a tea rinse. I am out of green tea, and plan to buy black tea next, so I just used the regular old Lipton tea my mom buys. I blotted off the excess and left it in my hair.
- I had already mixed a new batch of my DIY Deep Conditioner mix and couldn’t decide if I wanted to use that or my Organix Sea Mineral Moisture. I didn’t want to do another rinse out (because I had already done my tea rinse), so I went the DIY route and applied it all over my hair (in sections) and let it air dry for a couple of hours.
This is what it looks like in the jar. It’s such a creamy, pretty deep conditioner. I even use it as a moisturizer when I need a little extra on my ends.
- Lastly, I spritzed my hair my DIY liquid leave in conditioner, applied tea tree creme to my scalp, Cantu shea butter to the length of my hair, and finished with grapeseed oil. I then braided my hair for some overnight curls.
Some more hair pictures for your viewing pleasure:
This week’s theme for the #WashDayExperience was “Tried & True”, and these are the products I currently use to get awesome results every week.
Thanks so much for reading and be sure to check out the other ladies involved in the link up by clicking the badge below!